Biotechs/Startups – a Pharmaceutical Medicine Perspective
Date – Wednesday 8 July 2020
Platform – Webinar hosted on Zoom
Moving the popular FPM Conversation Series into the virtual environment, this well-attended videoconference meeting debated the issues and opportunities, and looked at practical solutions, surrounding the challenges of working in a Biotech/Start-Up.
Bringing together a panel of medical and non-medical leaders from start-up/biotech companies and venture capital organisations, the conversation encompassed the following topics:
- What are the main differences between working in big pharma and a start-up/biotech?
- How can you overcome challenges of working in a small company?
- How does a start-up/biotech convince investors to invest?
- What are some of the regulatory, scientific, legal, compliance and logistical challenges?
- How can you best handle acquisitions?
- How should you support and get the most out of academics?
Dr Emma Harvey FFPM
Global Head of Medical Affairs at F2G Ltd
Dr Shahzad Malik
Founding General Partner at Advent Life Sciences
Dr Duncan McHale
Clinical geneticist and early drug development expert
Dr Eliot Foster
Chief Executive Officer at F-star Therapeutics Ltd
Dr Craig Hartford
Independent pharmaceutical physician and committee member of the FPM Policy and Communications Group