Exam registration is now open
We are not planning to postpone this exam, but if the exam has to be postponed due to COVID-19 you can choose to either have your fees refunded or transferred to the next possible exam sitting.
Gaining our Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) will mark your commitment to the specialty and dedication to improving the health of society. The qualification will consolidate your understanding of the core theories of pharmaceutical medicine and is your first step towards achieving a full Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
"...a great opportunity to build your knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical medicine. The exam requires preparation and significant study, but is very much worth your investment."
A recent DPM awardee
Registration and fees
- CPM exam entry fee: £375
Examination Guidance and Regulations
A pass in the Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) is also Part 1 of the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
CPM is a Multiple Choice Question paper (MCQ) of 75 questions, each with five possible answers, all to be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes;
The time allowed for the written exam is sufficient to complete the papers working at a reasonable pace. Please see our reasonable adjustment policy (pdf) for candidates who may require additional time.
- DPM Examination Overview (April 2020 presentation) (722.83 KB)
- Guidance and Regulations: CPM Candidates (276.84 KB)
- Exam Specification: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (384.31 KB)
- Syllabus: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (read this along with the Guidance and Regulations for Candidates) (225.55 KB)
- Reasonable Adjustment Policy (207.13 KB)
- Examination Appeal Procedure (322.98 KB)