Registration and fees
- CPM exam entry fee: £385
Registration deadline: Registration for 2022 is now closed. The exam will next take place in 2023.
Withdrawal Policy: A candidate who withdraws from the exam must do so via email to email@example.com Fees will be refunded in full to a candidate whose withdrawal reaches the FPM office before the published registration deadline.
Candidates who withdraw after the published registration deadline will be subject to a £75 per paper administrative fee.
A candidate who does not appear for the exam or withdraws after starting the exam will not be entitled to a refund.
If you are a physician in PMST or undergoing revalidation through an approved designated body, you should discuss the outcome of any exam at your next ARCP or revalidation appraisal respectively.
Gaining our Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) will mark your commitment to the specialty and dedication to improving the health of society. The qualification will consolidate your understanding of the core theories of pharmaceutical medicine and is your first step towards achieving a full Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
"...a great opportunity to build your knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical medicine. The exam requires preparation and significant study, but is very much worth your investment."
A recent DPM awardee
2022 Exam schedule:
|CPM||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper||Wednesday 14 September 2022||14:15||2.5 hours||Online|
Examination Guidance and Regulations
A pass in the Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) is also Part 1 of the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
CPM is a Multiple Choice Question paper (MCQ) of 75 questions, each with five possible answers, all to be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes;
The time allowed for the written exam is sufficient to complete the papers working at a reasonable pace. Please see our reasonable adjustment policy (pdf) for candidates who may require additional time.
- Guidance and Regulations: CPM Candidates (Updated for online exams) (343.43 KB)
- Exam Specification: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (384.31 KB)
- Syllabus: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (read this along with the Guidance and Regulations for Candidates) (225.55 KB)
- Reasonable Adjustment Policy (207.13 KB)
- Examination Appeal Procedure (322.98 KB)
- Online exam protocols 2020 (282.66 KB)
- DPM presentation from "How I Passed the DPM" online event May 21 (462.39 KB)