The CPM examination is now online with remote invigilation
Because of the ongoing concern for large gatherings and in order to ensure that examinations scheduled for 2020 can go ahead, FPM has received GMC approval to run our examinations online in 2020. For more information go to COVID-19 and examinations.
Gaining our Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) will mark your commitment to the specialty and dedication to improving the health of society. The qualification will consolidate your understanding of the core theories of pharmaceutical medicine and is your first step towards achieving a full Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
"...a great opportunity to build your knowledge and skills in pharmaceutical medicine. The exam requires preparation and significant study, but is very much worth your investment."
A recent DPM awardee
Registration and fees - REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- CPM exam entry fee: £375
2020 Exam schedule:
|CPM||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper||Wednesday 16 September 2020||09:00||2.5 hours||Online|
Examination Guidance and Regulations
A pass in the Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) is also Part 1 of the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM).
CPM is a Multiple Choice Question paper (MCQ) of 75 questions, each with five possible answers, all to be completed in 2 hours 30 minutes;
The time allowed for the written exam is sufficient to complete the papers working at a reasonable pace. Please see our reasonable adjustment policy (pdf) for candidates who may require additional time.
- Guidance and Regulations: CPM Candidates (Updated for online exams) (343.43 KB)
- Exam Specification: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (384.31 KB)
- Syllabus: Certificate and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (read this along with the Guidance and Regulations for Candidates) (225.55 KB)
- Reasonable Adjustment Policy (207.13 KB)
- Examination Appeal Procedure (322.98 KB)
- Online exam protocols 2020 (282.66 KB)