FPM In-company learning
Physician and Scientist Induction Programme
This induction programme has been developed for physicians and scientists who have moved from clinical practice and research backgrounds to working in the pharmaceutical industry. It aims to aid the transition by providing an overview of the drug development lifecycle from discovery to approval with an international perspective.
Theoretical knowledge and insights are combined with real-life examples, group work, case studies, and exercises throughout to encourage interaction.
Participants on this programme will benefit by:
- establishing a common level understanding of drug development, across all functions, which can be built upon at a later stage with further training or professional qualifications
- building wide-ranging foundational knowledge, for example from pre- and non-clinical development, to designing clinical trials, to regulatory approval processes, and principles of commercialization
- developing understanding that will improve ability to ask the right questions.
- identifying areas of interest for further development
- allows cross-functional colleagues to collaborate in workshops simulating real-life pharma situations, e.g. designing a TPP
The programme is delivered by a team of pharmaceutical physicians and experts in the field.