Find out more
This module will include the following topics:
- General Principles of Medicines Regulation, ICH, GMP, GCP & GLP
- Clinical Trials Regulations – IND, CTA, EU Directives, Ethics & Ethics Committees, Fraud & Misconduct
- Licensing – MAA, Abridged Applications
- Common Technical Document & Overviews
- Updating & Maintaining Licenses
- Product Defects & Recall, Product Discontinuation
- Unlicensed Medicines & Early Access Programmes
- Medicines Regulation in the US & Japan
- Rare diseases regulation
- ATMP Regulations, Medical Devices
- Scientific Advice/Protocol Assistance
- Legal Reclassification (POM to OTC)
- Question practice
By the end of this course, you will:
- further your understanding of key aspects of pharmaceutical medicine and the industry
- gain a focused approach to learning and exam preparation
- develop your confidence to sit the exam
- benefit from a comprehensive range of learning materials that will aid you in your professional development
- gain the knowledge needed to develop and maintain competence, ethics and integrity and the highest professional standards.
Who is this course for?
- anyone who wishes to prepare for the Certificate in Pharmaceutical Medicine (CPM) and Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM) exams
- anyone who has taken the DPM exam previously and requires refresher training
- anyone wishing to improve/update their knowledge in a topic or topic area
- anyone requiring the flexibility of a modular training programme
- anyone preferring a guided approach to training and exam preparation
- although the course is designed specifically to meet the requirements of the DPM syllabus, you do not need to be a Pharmaceutical Physician, have a medical degree, be enrolled in PMST or be planning to sit the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine exam in order to attend.
The modules may be bought individually or as a series and are provided with a license to access the materials contained in the LMS until the end of November in the year of purchase, allowing for revision and review after exam results are released.
Participants may register on the modules at any time throughout the duration of the programme, however we strongly recommend following the schedule to allow for adequate preparation ahead of the exams.
Please note, to access this course, you will need a computer and a good internet connection, and some means of making your own revision notes.
Providing participants have not accessed their programme:
- cancellations up to 1 week before the start date of a module or a revision training course a full refund will be given.
- cancellations between 1 week and the published start date of a module or revision training course will receive a 50% refund.
- refunds cannot be given after the published start dates.
- In the event of cancellation by FPM a full refund will be given.
- If you have booked the SAQ and/or CAP exam technique revision courses but subsequently decide not to take them, you can request a full refund up to 17:00 on 27 September.
Live expert led sessions:
7 March & 21 March
- FPM Members £730
- PMST £656
- Non-Members £840
Bundle price (includes up to three past modules with recordings of live sessions)
- FPM Members £3,937
- PMST £3,528
- Non-Members £4,536
Modules 7-9 (Exam Revision – price per module)
- FPM Members £367
- PMST £325
- Non-Members £425
Bundle price (refunds for modules 8 & 9 will be issued if candidates do not pass paper 1)
- FPM Members £992
- PMST £882
- Non-Members £1150
FPM will close bookings for each module 24hours before each module.
If you attend this course you can use it as CPD for your appraisal.
To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
- if you are registered for PMST on the 2021 Curriculum you may also be able to use learning gained from the programme to support the development of your capabilities in practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
If you are unable to complete your booking online or you would like to be invoiced, please email
The views, information, or opinions expressed during FPM events and training are those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine. We value inclusivity, equality and diversity, and work hard to promote these whenever possible in all of our activities. We welcome your comments and feedback: email@example.com