This programme is designed for anyone who wishes to improve their knowledge in a specific area, as well as those preparing to sit the exam.
Training is delivered via Zoom, with regular screen breaks scheduled in throughout the day and a 1 hour lunch break.
About the DPM Training programme
The FPM training programme for the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM) exam includes 9 modules.
You can book one, several or all modules as your educational training needs dictate. Modules run annually and attendance can be spread flexibly over multiple years as required.
The final 3 modules cover exam technique and focus on the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper, the Single Answer Question (SAQ) paper and the Critical Appraisal Paper (CAP) of the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine exam. You can find out more about the different exams here.
1) Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance 10-11 March 2022
2) Non-clinical Testing & Clinical Pharmacology 7-8 April 2022
3) Medicines Regulation 12-13 May 2022
4) Statistics and Data Management 9-10 June 2022
5) Clinical Development and Discovery Medicine 7-8 July 2022
6) Healthcare Marketplace 4-5 August 2022
7) MCQ Exam Technique & Mock Exam 8 September 2022
8) SAQ Exam Technique & Mock Exam 29 September 2022
9) Critical Appraisal Exam Technique & Mock Exam 30 September 2022
Who is this course for?
- Anyone who wishes to prepare for the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (DPM)
- Anyone who has taken the DPM exam previously and requires refresher training
- Anyone wishing to improve/update their knowledge in a specific module or modules
- Anyone requiring the flexibility of a modular training programme
- Anyone preferring a focussed, strategic approach to training and exam preparation
- You do not need to be a Pharmaceutical Physician, have a medical degree, be enrolled in HMT/PMST or be planning to sit the Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine exam in order to attend
- Anyone taking the CPM
We aim to:
- Further your understanding of key aspects of pharmaceutical medicine and the industry
- Provide a focussed approach to learning and exam preparation
- Give you greater confidence to sit the exam
- Provide you with a comprehensive range of learning materials that will aid you in your professional development
- Provide you with the knowledge needed to develop and maintain competence, ethics and integrity and the highest professional standards
FPM will close bookings for each module at 13:00 the day before each module.
Queries: If you are unable to complete your booking online or you would like to be invoiced, please email email@example.com.
Joining instructions will be emailed to attendee’s registered e-mail address, with reminders sent the day before each module.
Please note: you will need a computer and a good internet connection, pens and paper to attend this module.
Resources included with the training modules
- Pre-course assignment This will be sent to registered attendees 2 weeks beforehand. Please complete this assignment before the course begins.
- PowerPoint slides We will also send you the powerpoint slides in advance, so that you can use them to aid your online learning.
- Example exam questions
- Key readings and papers
Learning materials can also be purchased separately, and these will be made available to buy online from the 12 March 2022.
If you attend this course you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
- For cancellations up to 1 week before the start date a full refund will be given.
- For cancellations between 1 week and the published closing date a 50% refund will be given. If someone else can take your place on the module, a full refund will be provided.
- Refunds cannot be given after the published closing date.*
- In the event of cancellation by FPM a full refund will be given.
* If you have failed the MCQ exam and do not want to take part in the SAQ and/or CAP exam coaching module you can request a full refund up to 17:00 on 28 September.
Buy the online learning materials from March 2022
- Materials for each module are available after the module end date.
- A link to the online folder of materials will be sent by email the next working day after purchasing online.
The views, information, or opinions expressed during FPM events and training are those of the individuals involved and do not necessarily represent those of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Medicine. We value inclusivity, equality and diversity, and work hard to promote these whenever possible in all of our activities. We welcome your comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org