The Working in Partnership with Patients and Communities Forum is dedicated to harnessing FPM’s influence to actively promote and champion collaborative working with patients and communities within pharmaceutical medicine and the healthcare and life science sector.
As a committed advocate for advancing the science and practice of pharmaceutical medicine, FPM believes that collaboration with patients and communities is fundamental to developing effective medicines that meet the needs of patients. Such collaboration is also key to ensuring that the needs of all patient groups are fully represented, as reflected in our Environmental, Social and Governance responsibilities as pharmaceutical physicians.
What does FPM’s Working in Partnership with Patients and Communities Forum do?
The forum will:
- Review and advise on matters of relevance concerning working in partnership with patients and communities to FPM staff, members, and the speciality of pharmaceutical medicine;
- Increase awareness of the value of patient and public representation in FPM’s internal and external activities;
- Support activities for raising awareness of working in partnership with patients and communities and developments in the field to pharmaceutical physicians and other stakeholders;
- Promote initiatives to increase and embed the values and practice of partnership working in FPM and pharmaceutical medicine;
- Uphold FPM’s values of being Professional, Innovative, Caring, Collaborative, Credible and Learned, and encourage FPM members to uphold the values of good patient and public engagement practices.
Meet our members
Trishna Bharadia - Co Chair
Dr Liz Clark - Co Chair
Dr Paul Robinson
Dr Canna Jagdish Ghia
Dr Mayura Deshpande
Dr Amy Rogers
How to get involved and support the Working With Patients and Communities Forum
If you have any suggestions or would like to get involved, please let us know