Watch the webinar in full
This webinar examined the way clinical research and development has addressed the need for therapeutics, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. It addressed the following questions:
- How has clinical research and pharmaceutical medicine addressed the need for repurposing therapeutics in response to COVID-19? Have we been successful? Are new approaches needed for repurposing pharmaceuticals in the future?
- How has clinical research and pharmaceutical medicine approached the development of new therapeutics in response to COVID-19? Have we been successful? Are new approaches needed for repurposing pharmaceuticals in the future? Amid a PHE, are we able to respond effectively to the needs of patients? The patients affected by the disease of the pandemic (i.e., COVID-19)? The patients affected by other diseases?
Meet the speakers
Dr Penny Ward, Chair of the Education and Standards Committee, FPM; United Kingdom
- Dr Susan Tansey, Boyds Consultants & Member of the Nuffield Council; United Kingdom
- Mr Wilfred Gurupira, Research Pharmacist and HPTN International Scholar, UZ College of Health Sciences Clinical Trials Research Centre UZ CHS-CTRC; Research Head, COVID-19 Research and Advocacy Project, African Alliance; Zimbabwe
- Dr Karol Szczukiewicz, Member of the Board, Association of Good Clinical Practice in Poland (GCPpl); Global Trial Manager, The Janssens Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson; Poland
- Dr Jina Swartz, Executive Medical Director, MSD European Innovation Hub, United Kingdom