FPM Annual Symposium 2023 is coming!
The 2023 FPM Annual Symposium – Navigating the future-scape of pharmaceutical medicine – will address some of the biggest challenges and the most exciting opportunities facing global healthcare. As countries and healthcare systems around the world do their best to recover from COVID-19, the lessons the pandemic taught are being infused into a new pioneering and collaborative spirit.
This is an exciting time. We are seeing rapid scientific innovation and disruption in fields such as artificial intelligence, genomics and advanced therapies, which are revolutionising medical research and practice. But people are at the heart of medicine and these scientific innovations have critical ethical, cultural and social implications. Patients and diverse communities around the world are increasingly finding their voice and influencing policy and practice.
Join us on Wednesday 22 November 2023 to hear from global leaders in the life sciences community – pharmaceutical physicians, scientists, patients and policymakers. Together we’ll discuss how we should harness scientific innovations, we’ll debate cultural and societal expectations in relation to pharmaceutical medicine, and we’ll reflect on the current national and global policy climate. The themes will be varied, but all tied together by the threads of:
- disruption, and
The multi-award-winning FPM Annual Symposium has gone from strength to strength over recent years and this time we are delighted to be using the Wellcome Collection – a modern, flexible conference space in the heart of the North London’s Knowledge Quarter. For those who cannot attend in person, all plenary keynote sessions/panels and two breakout sessions taking place in the main auditorium will be live-streamed and also made available to view after the event, via the FPM On Demand platform.
Speakers will include: Dr June Raine DBE FFPM, Prof Kevin Fenton, Sir Jonathan Symonds CBE, Dr David Jefferys FFPM, Dr Trishan Panch, Prof Frances Flinter + many more
From global health to AI, genomics and sustainability this will be a thought-provoking day encompassing all aspects of pharmaceutical medicine and beyond – closing with a panel discussion on the state of the nation and what is needed to improve the clinical trial footprint, access to medicine and life sciences in UK.
Registration and Breakfast
- FPM member rate - attending in person - £315
- FPM member rate - attending online - £250
- Non-member rate - attending in person - £395
- Non-member rate - attending online - £295
- Reduced rate - attending in person - £225*
- Reduced rate - attending online - £175*
- Please see our terms and conditions
*Reduced rates are available for FPM members who fulfil one of the following criteria: PMST trainees, People from low and lower-middle income countries, Unemployed, Part-time employed (earning less than £15,000 per year), People on Parental Leave, People who are Out of Practice & Retired.
Booking deadline: Bookings are closed now.
Queries and refunds: If you are unable to complete your booking online, want to book on behalf of others or you would like a refund, see booking information.
Joining information will be emailed to your registered email address periodically with a final reminder email sent 24 hours (in-person event) or 1 hour (online events) prior to the event.
If you are unable to complete your booking online or you haven’t received your joining info by 10 November 2023 please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The refund policy is:
- For cancellations before Friday 10 November 2023 (12:00) a full refund will be given (in-person and online attendance)
- Refunds will not be given for cancellations made after 12:00 on Friday 10 November 2023 (in-person and online attendance)
- For switching in-person tickets to online tickets before Friday 10 November 2023 (12:00) the price difference will be refunded
- Price difference refunds will not be given after 12:00 on Friday 10 November 2023
- For switching online tickets to in-person tickets before Friday 10 November 2023 (12:00) the price difference payment will be required
- For switching online tickets to in-person tickets after Friday 10 November 2023 (12:00) the price difference payment will be required (subject to availability)
Terms & conditions
- FPM reserves the right to change the venue and/or speakers (if applicable) if circumstances arise that require such changes.
- In the event of cancellation by FPM a full refund of the price of tickets only will be given. We are unable to compensate for any travel or accommodation expenses and recommend you take out insurance where appropriate.
FPM’s Annual Symposium is worth up to 10 CPD points!
If you attend the Symposium you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points.
For attending the day = 8 points
For attending the day and catching up on missed breakouts = 10 points
For attending the day, catching up on missed breakouts and exploring further reading & online content = 10+ points
How to get there
183 Euston Road,
London NW1 2BE.
About the FPM Annual Symposium
The FPM Annual Symposium is our flagship event and has been a November fixture for many years.
Past speakers have included some of the most notable personalities from the world of medicines development which in the last three years alone have included Chris Whitty (2022), June Raine (2021), Özlem Türeci (2021), John Bell (2020), and Mene Pangalos (2020).
The meeting has grown over the years and we attract more than 150 delegates from across pharmaceutical medicine, science, industry, regulators and government each year. We also boast a pool of several approved exhibitors who support the event.
This will be an online-only meeting on Tuesday 21 November at 14:00 -16:00 (UK time).