What is authentic leadership?
Authentic leadership is a management style where leaders are open, honest and genuine in their approach. They are aware of what is important to them and express this to build and maintain trust and promote good relationships with their people.
Authentic leadership is a management style in which leaders are genuine, self-aware, and transparent. An authentic leader is able to inspire loyalty and trust in her employees by consistently displaying who she really is as a person, and how she feels about her employees’ performance. Authentic leadership is the single strongest predictor of an employee’s job satisfaction.
What to expect
The online workshop will be very practical, with a number of personal and interactive exercises.
The workshop will help you to:
- explore how being self-aware and transparent can build trust; and
- consider behaviours and habits that will ultimately improve your team’s productivity.
By the end of the workshop, you’ll be better able to:
- recognise your own values, strengths and limitations that will inform your leadership style;
- identify the behaviours that you need to build an authentic leadership style; and
- develop open and honest relationships with your team.
Who should attend?
This training is designed to be useful to all pharmaceutical physicians who are aspiring or established leaders. The concept of authentic leadership promotes an ethical and positive approach, so attendees should have this mindset from the outset.
Booking is now closed for this course.
All half-day online workshops will begin at 9.15 am with registration, will start at 9.30 am and will finish by 12.30 pm.
After booking, you will be sent joining instructions via email.
If you attend this webinar you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
Meet your trainer - Mario Moustras
Mario Moustras is a coach, facilitator and learning & development consultant. He is a PhD chemist, a chartered scientist and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. He trained as a coach with Barefoot Coaching in executive, personal and team coaching and is a certified coach with the International Coach Federation.
Mario has extensive experience at designing, planning and facilitating workshops. He has worked with different disciplines and communities across higher education for a number of years. In his previous career, at the Royal Society of Chemistry, Mario has led science related programmes in higher education, training and industry and worked at the academic-business interface.