For this session of Journal Club we welcome our guest host Dr Naila Aslam.
Dr Naila has chosen to review:
Intravenous ferric derisomaltose in patients with heart failure and iron deficiency in the UK (IRONMAN): an investigator-initiated, prospective, randomised, openlabel, blinded-endpoint trial
About your host
Dr Aslam is a medical advisor at Diurnal Ltd, a Neurocrine Biosciences company, where she contributes to pharmacovigilance, medical monitoring of clinical trials, medical information services and is an aspiring final signatory. Naila trained in paediatrics and has worked in industry for 6 years, predominantly in early phase drug development and drug safety.
Naila now lives in Basingstoke where she is the trustee of a children’s charity and in her spare time, she continues to tutor maths and dabble in film/tv work.
About Journal Clubs
Journal clubs are educational settings where individuals meet regularly to critically evaluate articles in the medical and scientific literature.
They are a recognised way of keeping up to date with latest advancements in areas of interest.
Host a Journal Club
There are many benefits of taking part, including the following:
- Increase your knowledge
- Reflect on your practice
- Share insights and ideas in a relaxed and supportive setting
- Encourage evidence-based medicine
- Keep abreast with new literature
- Stimulate debate, and improved understanding of current topics
- Develop your presentation skills
- Build your network
- Gain participatory CPD hours towards revalidation
If you would like to host a Journal Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
If you attend this webinar you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
Queries: If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Joining instructions will be emailed to registered attendees periodically, and a reminder will be sent on the morning of the Journal Club (19 January 2023). Please check you junk folder!