28 September 2022
FPM Journal Club with guest host Dr Daniela Hristova
Re-watch Dr Hristova’s presentation
For this session of Journal Club we welcomed our guest host Dr Daniela Hristova.
Dr Hristova chose to review: Pharmaceutical physician’s role in women's healthcare and menopause therapy
Papers discussed included:
- Micronized progesterone, progestins, and menopause hormone therapy
- Progesterone vs. synthetic progestins and the risk of breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Type and timing of menopausal hormone therapy and breast cancer risk: individual participant meta-analysis of the worldwide epidemiological evidence
About your host
I am a clinical research physician with special interest in women’s health and menopause treatment. As a research physician I had the privilege to be an investigator on 3 studies in treatment of VMS in menopause and this increased my awareness of the challenges in this area. As a result I would like to talk about the current evidence and new opportunities for research in this area – risks, benefits and unmet medical need.
About journal clubs
Journal clubs are educational settings where individuals meet regularly to critically evaluate articles in the medical and scientific literature.
They are a recognised way of keeping up to date with latest advancements in areas of interest.
Host a Journal Club
There are many benefits of taking part, including the following:
- Increase your knowledge
- Reflect on your practice
- Share insights and ideas in a relaxed and supportive setting
- Encourage evidence-based medicine
- Keep abreast with new literature
- Stimulate debate, and improved understanding of current topics
- Develop your presentation skills
- Build your network
- Gain participatory CPD hours towards revalidation
If you would like to host a Journal Club, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
If you attend this webinar you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
Queries: If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Joining instructions will be emailed to registered attendees periodically, and a reminder will be sent on the morning of the Journal Club (28th September 2022). Please check your junk folder!