For this session of Journal Club we welcome our guest host Dr Anuradha Kulasekaran.
Dr Anuradha has chosen to review:
Symptom prevalence, duration, and risk of hospital
admission in individuals infected with SARS-CoV-2
during periods of omicron and delta variant dominance:
a prospective observational study from the ZOE COVID Study.
About journal clubs
Journal clubs are educational settings where individuals meet regularly to critically evaluate articles in the medical and scientific literature.
They are a recognised way of keeping up to date with latest advancements in areas of interest.
Host a Journal Club
There are many benefits of taking part, including the following:
- Increase your knowledge
- Reflect on your practice
- Share insights and ideas in a relaxed and supportive setting
- Encourage evidence-based medicine
- Keep abreast with new literature
- Stimulate debate, and improved understanding of current topics
- Develop your presentation skills
- Build your network
- Gain participatory CPD hours towards revalidation
If you would like to host a Journal Club, please email email@example.com and let us know.
If you attend this webinar you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
Queries: If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining instructions will be emailed to registered attendees periodically, and a reminder will be sent on the morning of the Journal Club (14 July 2022). Please check your junk folder!