For this session of Journal Club we welcome our guest host Dr Adam Hexter.
Dr Adam has chosen to review:
Molecular Landscape and Actionable Alterations in a Genomically Guided Cancer Clinical Trial: National Cancer Institute Molecular Analysis for Therapy Choice (NCI-MATCH) – PubMed (nih.gov)
About your host
Dr Adam Hexter currently works as Medical advisor for Eisai’s Neurology Business Group. He is a dual-trained clinician-scientist after completing a surgical NIHR Academic Clinical Fellowship at University College London Hospitals and is a ST3 in the Pharmaceutical Medicine Specialty Training programme. In March he was awarded a PhD in regenerative medicine (biologics and cellular therapy) at University College London. Adam chose to discuss this genomically guided cancer trial because it is one of the first major clinical trials to match people who have cancer with treatment based on genetic changes in their tumour rather than their type of cancer.
About Journal Clubs
Journal clubs are educational settings where individuals meet regularly to critically evaluate articles in the medical and scientific literature.
They are a recognised way of keeping up to date with latest advancements in areas of interest.
Host a Journal Club
There are many benefits of taking part, including the following:
- Increase your knowledge
- Reflect on your practice
- Share insights and ideas in a relaxed and supportive setting
- Encourage evidence-based medicine
- Keep abreast with new literature
- Stimulate debate, and improved understanding of current topics
- Develop your presentation skills
- Build your network
- Gain participatory CPD hours towards revalidation
If you would like to host a Journal Club, please email email@example.com and let us know.
If you attend this webinar you can use it as CPD for your appraisal. To do so you’ll need to provide:
- evidence (certificate of attendance), and
- reflection, specifically a couple of paragraphs on what you learnt, what effect it will have on your current practice and how it relates to Good Medical Practice.
Upload these into your portfolio and self-allocate your CPD points at 0.25 credits per 15 mins.
Queries: If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining instructions will be emailed to registered attendees periodically, and a reminder will be sent on the morning of the Journal Club (10 May 2022). Please check you junk folder!