We would like to invite all UK and international FPM members to share their experience and knowledge to inform ongoing internal and external policy and guidance development related to COVID-19.
In order that we might be agile and support members we would like to welcome anyone who can to join the COVID-19 Expert Group. This will operate through remote meetings (GoToMeetings or Microsoft Teams). Any conflicts of interest or similar issues will be dealt with as and when required.
We have developed a list of skills that could support this activity, which are listed below.
- Experience in the development and interpretation of diagnostic tests for the management of infectious disease
- Experience in the development of antiviral medications for the treatment of respiratory viral disease and/or anti-infectives for the treatment of pneumonia/sepsis
- Experience in the development of vaccines for the prevention of viral disease (respiratory/non respiratory)
- Experience in development of wearable technologies capable of tracking pulse rate, heart rhythm, cardiovascular fitness (eg VO2) and pulse oxygenation
- Experience in the development of possible therapies for the management of severe respiratory disorders (ARDS/ALI/ILD)
- Experience in the development of inhaled products and/or technologies for assisted respiration (ECMO, ventilator technologies)
- Experience in conducting clinical trials in vulnerable populations (may be subdivided into trials in the frail elderly, children (aged 0-18), pregnant women, mentally incapacitated)
- Experience in development of treatments for cardiovascular support/management of heart failure
- Experience in pharmacoepidemiological investigations to assess benefit risk of intervention using the CPRD/other insurance claim/clinical databases
- Experience in modelling and simulation of doses required to achieve adequate plasma/tissue concentrations of drugs and/or clinical trial simulations from mixed clinical data
- Expertise in medical affairs training materials on ICU-type products
How to join
To join simply email Head of Policy and Communications Ben Cottam at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact email, job title and place of work, and the specific areas (list number(s)) in which you have expertise. If an area is not listed but you feel that it is relevant please send you details, explaining where you think you can support.
- Find out more on our COVID-19 Resource Centre