Submit your abstract for the Stonier Lecture 2023
Submissions for the Stonier Lecture 2023 are open. We are inviting PMST Trainees and new entrants to pharmaceutical medicine to submit new abstracts.
In a change to previous years, the Stonier Lecture will take place as a plenary at FPM Education Day, which takes place on Wednesday 14 June 2023 at Wellcome Collection, London.
The main themes of the event will be:
- novel approaches to drug development, and
- data visualisation.
The person who delivers the selected presentation will be given a complimentary delegate pass for FPM Education Day 2023 and a £500 cash prize.
About the Stonier Lecture
PMST Trainees and new entrants to pharmaceutical medicine are integral in shaping and driving the future of our specialty. The Stonier Lecture was inaugurated in 2020 to give a platform for these groups to highlight their own work or professional interests, or to shine a spotlight on training or professional development issues.
The lecture is named in recognition of Professor Peter Stonier’s longstanding and ongoing commitment to the specialty training programme and support for trainees and new entrants.
Presentation and abstract guidance
The presentation will have a 25-minute slot, with 20 minutes allocated to the presentation itself and five minutes for questions and the awarding of the prize. FPM will give preference to speakers who are able to attend the event in-person, though applications from people intending to give the lecture remotely will also be considered.
Within the main themes listed above, the lecture can focus on any aspect of the specialty, from clinical trials to medical affairs, ethics to patient engagement, regulatory issues to education and training.
Those eligible are invited to submit a short (max. 250 words) abstract outlining the content of their proposed presentation, and why they think this is an important area. Abstracts will be judged on relevance to the theme and audience, innovation, and content. The abstracts will be anonymised and reviewed by a panel including Prof Stonier and members of the FPM Education Day 2023 organising group, with one being selected to give the presentation.
- PMST currently in training
- Affiliates and Members who have started their first role in pharmaceutical medicine less than three years before the deadline for abstract submission and are currently revalidating
- Please submit your abstract of up to 250 words by 17:00 (UK time) on Friday 12 May 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts over 250 words will be discounted
- Please include your name and job title and place of work, but do not submit your CV or any other supporting material
- New entries from those who have submitted abstracts previously are allowed
- Entries are particularly encouraged from women and members from ethnic minority backgrounds